According to a conservative journalist, Donald Trump was actually hit with a subpoena several months ago by the DOJ seeking to get more documents from Mar-a-Lago. At the time, the former President seemingly complied with the request, and more boxes were sent to the DOJ. The search this past week means that the department was likely aware that certain items were missing, which makes the whole thing that much more legit. Farron Cousins explains what happened.
Link – https://www.rawstory.com/doj-served-trump-with-grand-jury-subpoena-for-classified-documents-months-before-fbi-raid-report/
Don’t forget to like, comment, and share! And subscribe to stay connected!
Connect with Farron on Twitter: https://twitter.com/farronbalanced
*This transcript was auto-generated. Please excuse any typos.
Well, folks, as it turns out the so-called raid on Malago that took place a week ago. Wasn’t exactly as much of a weaponization of the DOJ as it is Donald Trump failed to comply properly with a subpoena that had already been issued to him a couple months ago, news broke on Thursday of last week that Donald Trump had been served with a subpoena from the DOJ back in June. And the subpoena of course, was related to documents that the national archives believed that Donald Trump was still hiding down there at Malago. So they sent the subpoena down to Trump, Trump and his legal team, allegedly complied, as far as the DOJ knew at the time they did hand over more stuff.
So again, this was June hand, over more stuff. DOJ starts going through ’em national archives going through ’em. And at that point that’s when I guess the anonymous tipster anonymous to us clearly not to the, uh, DOJ called them up and said, Hey, I think they missed a couple. I think they might be hiding things in the basement because as we know, the FBI was very specific in the areas of Merlago that they wanted to go the basement, of course, being one of the big ones. So that’s how they were able to go to the judge, say, Hey, we asked for all these documents, we got these, but we’re pretty sure this list here is still missing, based on the eyewitness testimony from this individual who says, I guess they’ve seen them again. We don’t know exactly what the anonymous tipster told them, but we do know that if they subpoenaed a list of documents and then they go through what they got and say, okay, well, these are missing. That alone is enough to go to the judge and say, listen, they gave us these. But we asked for, you know, 10 more boxes than what they gave us. They’re not complying. Can we go ahead and go down there? And, uh, rummage through his crap a little bit.
Judge says they have probable cause, right? Well, when they say, yes, we do. But the fact that a subpoena existed and the fact that it was issued back in June, immediately destroys every single right wing talking point. That is out there today. That’s it? Honestly, that should be end of story. So here’s what happens now. We need everybody like every single body out there to hype this story up, to share the links to these articles, proving that there was already a subpoena that existed. And that clearly Trump and his legal team didn’t comply to the fullest extent that was requested, which of course would fully
Justify the FBI searching Mar Lago and walking away with, you know, 10 to 12 extra boxes of documents and all these Republican attacking the FBI. All of that other crap should be laid to rest, but will it right? That is the big question here. We don’t know. So unfortunately that’s where we’re at right now. Of course we do have the information that the subpoena did exist and that fully justifies the FBI going down there. If Trump didn’t turn over everything.